The Seating Technician position provides people and families with solutions for both manual and powered wheelchairs, lifts, scooters, walkers, and any mobility equipment.
This person works directly with clients and must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
The Seating Technician position also requires a confident, courteous individual to manage direct contact with clients and their family members.
The Seating Technician must possess excellent problem-solving skills to identify product solutions to meet the needs of the clients.
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy
– Computer savvy
– Quick learning with a desire to take ownership of this position
– Problem-solving and solution-oriented communication skills
– Maintain professional business conduct
– Ensure all tasks and projects are completed on time
– Ensure all repaired products are test runs for quality assurance
– Versed in the latest and most up-to-date mobility equipment
– Ability to offer solutions to clients for all equipment
– Work with Occupational Therapists when required
– Travel to assessments
– Assist with equipment modifications
– Program all power equipment
– Attend training seminars and in-services as appropriate or as requested.
– Review, sort, and/or respond to emails
– Maintain client files
– Any tasks/assignments given by superiors
– Strong communication
– Personality Plus
– Class 5 Alberta driver’s license
– Computer skills
– Internet research abilities
– Planning skills
– Leadership qualities
We would like to thank all that apply however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit Your Resume
Submit your resume to us today! Make sure to let us know in the subject which position you are applying for. Only considered candidates will be contacted.